Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dorian Sosa_Book critique 1


My concept is based on simplicity. My eyes hurt looking at the usual textbook designs, I have always found their format unnecessarily cluttered and unorganized. In an attempt to make them interesting they tend to end up making it harder to focus on anything since the pages are so saturated with pictures and 300 different fonts.  
For my design I will rely on simple images, combining them with type to make them visually appealing, while keeping the pages clean so the students can focus on the content. 

The three first spreads are three different concepts for the same spread (the Unit cover and the Index page). The basic idea in all of the three different covers is representing the three stages of matter (liquid, solid, and gas) through the combination of type and image. (the images still need work in photoshop, this is just a mock up of what I will combine)
The last spread is the concept for the Lesson opener and the Lesson Lab







No comments:

Post a Comment