Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Textbook Remix First Crit - Meade



I wanted to stray massively away from the skeuomorphic style that Reid and his team did for the book, so I went more minimalist, modern and with lots fo colorful shapes to play with the viewer.

I've designed the textbook with two big things in mind: More space for the kids to write their answers in after the questions (because god knows we always needed more space for that shit and got frustrated that there never was when we were at that age) and to have more open/white space for the kids to doodle and write. As a kid who always drew and wrote in her textbooks in middle school and high school, I valued books that had more space for my doodles than books that have a random ball or superfluous picture taking up 'precious doodle space'.

I still need to add in the pictures. In these two spreads there will be a picture in the upper right hand corner of page 3 and on the bottom half of page 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment